Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Mountain Morning

I'm always stunned and left wondering at the obedience of Abraham. It's so easy to read of the account involving his taking Isaac to the mountain to sacrifice him. But think about the trust factor he had with God. The one line that always smacks me in the face is, "So early in the morning Abraham got up...". I marvel at his obedience. No sleeping in late; no taking some time to fast and pray; no discussing the issue with Sarah and/or elders in the community. He got up, got ready, and left for the mountain.

I wonder where the church would be today if we all exhibited that kind of obedience? I wonder what miracles we would see, what marriages would look like, what wayward kids would be home, what finances would be in order, what prisons would be empty, what churches would be full.

I wonder where I would be. I wonder. Grant me the determination to be as obedient as Abraham, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, I heard someone say, "Overexposure(to the truth) and under response(obedience) leads to a hard heart." I am reminded of that comment after reading this writing. I wonder how many chances Abraham would have had if he hadn't obeyed right away...First time obedience is not just for kids, is it.

    ReplyDelete