Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Child of God

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called the children of God." 1 John 3:1

Like every other follower of Christ out there, I know God loves me. He loves me a lot. I read books on His love. I hear sermons on His love. But how much does God really love me? He uses an interesting way of telling me - that I should be called His child. When I think about my children - my three girls - gosh, do I love them. I love them more than life itself. I love the memories of raising them. I love experiencing life with them - the ups and the downs. I love when they (now much older) come to dad for advice or insight. Yeah. So that's how much, huh God? You love my stumbling walk, my asking advice, memories of my earlier encounters with You. Pretty cool. Thanks God...I love You too.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pastor Rob on your blog site. Indeed there is no measure for God's love for us. He created us in His image. Made us just a little lower than the angels and spoke the
    Universe into creation so we can have a beautiful home called earth. Yes I believe God had to create the whole big universe with all its planets and stars to sustain one planet, the earth. For years I have always made Ps 23 a part of my prayer. My favorite part particularly "He
    makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters". When I first came here to Farmville two years ago. I told my wife "this is such a beautiful place". There is so much greenery and the place is surrounded by lakes. I count 4-5 in a 5 mile radius. I realized God has brought me and my family into a place which Ps 23 speaks of and has answered my prayers. He has brought me into the "promised land". Indeed God loves me. Very much.

    ReplyDelete