Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Painting Lessons

O.K., so I'm squeezing a couple of hours of painting in this evening at an apartment. I walk into the bathroom and notice the walls have streaks on them. The reason was obvious to me as I have seen it time and time again. The previous painter used flat paint - a major dumb move in an area that will experience lots of moisture. A little Kilz and semi-gloss later and we have a bath ready for hot showers. "So what?" you might ask.

As I fixed the paint problem it reminded me of the Scripture that speaks of the "building materials" we use in the formation of our spiritual walk. Wrong materials, bad outcome. God doesn't make it difficult or hard to understand. Romans 8:5-8 basically says what we put into our minds results in how we live our lives. Want a life nearer and more obedient to the Lord?Feed the brain scripture and fertilize it with prayer. Want a life of pestering sin, guilt and depression? Feed the brain sit-coms, headline news, and pay-per-view fertilized with with an Eeyore attitude.

See, just like paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment