Monday, December 14, 2009

With Whom I'm Well Pleased

It's amazing how fast years go by in retrospect. My middle child just celebrated her 17th birthday yesterday. When did THAT happen? It got me thinking about fatherhood and what kind of dad I've been. It made me think too about how blessed I am to have such wonderful God-loving children. Now don't get me wrong, I don't love them because they're good, I love just because they are.

I read in Mark 1: 9-11 tonight the account of Jesus' baptism again. What struck me was that God said "...with whom I'm well pleased" before Jesus had DONE ANYTHING! God was pleased with His Son just because He was. As that struck me, I sensed the Holy Spirit apply that to my heart as well. God is pleased with me (and you) not because I run around DOING ministry, but because I am His and let His Spirit minister to me. Too cool.

I think God knew I needed this tonight. I've been SO busy lately I can't even relax on a night off. Lord, help me get busy about slowing down...

No comments:

Post a Comment