Thursday, November 5, 2009

The gift that keeps giving

It's so funny how obvious gifts can be to people other than yourself. At our small group last night we were discussing pastoral gifts for a bit and as an example I said, "I'll mention a gift, you say a pastor's name. So, compassion: everyone said Pastor Lou (our seniors pastor). I said, vision: everyone said Pastor Frank (our Lead Pastor). They wanted to continue, but we had to move on. Afterward though, I began to think about each one's gift. This obviously led to my own pastoral gift(s).

The word proclaims we are each have a gift, solely for the purpose of ministering to the body (others). Some, the gift of wisdom, other generosity, some hospitality. Have you ever thought about the unique gift God has endowed you with? Figure it out. Ask someone, I'll bet they can tell you faster, then go on out there and give it to somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment